We are Stryber – the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in the DACH region. We help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it) as well as build our own ventures.
Our Approach. We build web/mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to let them become leading solutions in their market.
This is where you come in. We carve out several successful MVPs per year into separate legal entities, hire a dedicated management team, and raise an investment round, giving the venture the best chance to become the next European unicorn!
You join our interim venture team to validate the business case and generate first transactions. Besides we find the right co-founders for you and carve out the business into a separate legal entity. Then your job as CEO of the company is to achieve product-market fit, raise a seed investment round within the first 6-12 months and continue to grow and scale the business and team.
The venture. Rental processes can be time-consuming, nerve-wracking and complicated for tenants as well as homeowners. We enable homeowners to rent their apartment directly and to receive a secure rent payment every month without having to worry about anything: we take care of all marketing, administration, management and repair work. Join our mission to disrupt a €70 billion market in Germany alone.
As Co-Founder you are part of the founding team and in the role of the CEO you are fully responsible for the strategy and growth of the company – build a scalable kick-ass team, ensure continued business growth, cultivate partnerships and close investor relations. This role includes:
- Development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy, vision and mission
- Preparing and closing a seed funding round right after the start as fast as possible (we will support and provide you with access to our network of investors), and building strong relationships with your investors
- Acquiring further clients (homeowners – private as well as institutional)
- Overseeing the company’s business operations to ensure the company has effective operational and financial procedures in place
- Owning and monitoring the finances (top / bottom line) and managing the cashflow cautiously, tracking revenue targets among others
- Recruiting and developing the best talent for your company
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Being an “evangelist” for the company at conferences, events, etc. and establishing strategic partnerships
- Developing the digital product further
- Being able to pay in your share capital amount (typically between 6.000€ and 7.500€)
Together with your co-founders (COO, CPO) you will own the majority of the company, so this a real founder opportunity. We are an investor and not protecting the founders from default risks and challenges that come with starting a company (e.g. running out of cash).
The setup is equal to that of any startup, but with us you already get a proven idea with initial traction, co-founders, some small starting capital, and access to our network and expertises.
- You are among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a strong burning desire to start your own company and are willing to take all the sacrifices and risks it comes with (bankruptcy, not being able to pay you a salary for months, hard work needed day and night to close customers and funding rounds, etc.) Otherwise: don’t apply and look for a regular employee job.
- You have founded a startup or have held a C-level position in a startup with significant achievements in your role
- Prior experience in Real Estate and B2B is a strong plus
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree with outstanding academic results, preferably in the field of business, science or engineering
- You are fluent in German and English
- You are not afraid to work hands-on as co-founder: product building, running marketing campaigns, doing frontline sales, doing financial calculations, talking to potential investors→ get ready to do it all in the early stages of your venture!
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- You are an inspiring leader, who knows how to sell and convince others of your ideas
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- You are self-driven, ready to hustle every day (and night) and get things done
- Achiever mentality: You can show a track record of extraordinary accomplishments and previous entrepreneurial activities
- You are data and customer-driven and have a solid concept on how to implement this in your daily work
- A seed stage opportunity: a solid product, a business model proven by real transactions, attractive unit economics and a kick-ass founding team – You can build your own company from the ground up
- A co-founder opportunity with an attractive equity package (you OWN this company together with your co-founders = you hold the majority of shares).
- Depending on the monthly revenue and the initial runway provided by Stryber, you can also pay yourself a small base salary, which is up to you and your co-founders to decide – you manage your cashflow! The salary increases appropriately over time (with additional funding rounds and increasing revenue), you can check out our salary template for indications.
- Don’t apply if: you feel not ready to survive with little or any salary for some months to keep the company not run out of cash too soon or you expect to earn beyond €50.000/anno
- We will build a strong founding team around you with skills that complement you and significantly increases the likeliness of success
- The founding team is free to decide on the company location
- The senior team at Stryber always has your back: we are specialists in product, scalable operations, growth, fundraising … and provide you with guidance, structure, and honest feedback
- You have access to our co-investor as well as corporate network
- Fame and glory for what you will have built
- Valuable support from peer startups within the Stryber portfolio and a highly professional operational team at Stryber, when needed
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment within the Stryber family
Start date: asap
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.