Website Hylink Digital Solutions
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
Built is looking for an experienced Data Engineering Manager to help organize and manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to advance our data analysis platform, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. In this role, you will split your time between hands-on development and people leadership activities. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the entire organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with the product team, business partners, and software development teams. You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our system to enable scale and deliver quality for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Leading the Insights team which focuses on both data warehousing and reporting
- Assisting in the collection, organization, and availability of data at Built as both a leader and as an individual contributor
- Work with stakeholders to deliver data visualization, exploration, and reporting solutions for internal and external customers
- Evangelizing data fluency and coordinating training initiatives with the internal training department to help develop data-driven decision making throughout the organization
- Ensure that data curation and collections processes are performing as expected for current and future reporting needs
- Works with teammates to ensure standard engineering processes are followed
- Actively seek opportunities to mentor teammates and be mentored by your teammates
- Work with principal engineers and other teams to move larger engineering initiatives forward
- Act as the example to which other engineers aspire to become professionally and culturally
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Experience with cloud hardware provisioning, forecasting usage, and managing to a budget
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of their offerings (Athena, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
…Experience with these technologies would be a major bonus:
- Data Lakes (particularly AWS Glue, S3, and Athena)
- Integration Platforms (particularly Celigo or SnapLogic)
- Data Pipeline/ETL tools (particularly Luigi, Airflow, and Glue)
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.