Website Orbital Witness
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence – an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Simply put, our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
We are looking for a passionate and diligent engineer to join the Orbital Witness team in building our SaaS product for automated legal assessment of property and land.
You’ll own the end-to-end development process of key features in our web applications and underlying services as well as being a primary driver of product and technology strategy. You’ll be joining a small, dynamic team with a focus on quality, usability and impact. You’ll be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle; from discovery and design, through implementation to deployment, maintenance and improvement. You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering an impactful product to real users.
You will get the chance to
- Develop, deploy, maintain and support production quality software;
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to define user stories and implementation details of functional and non-functional requirements;
- Champion quality across the product and the codebase;
- Work with individuals across the business to ensure the features you develop have real impact;
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to continuously improve the quality, maintainability, security and scalability of the platform;
- Develop our existing single page application as well as laying the groundwork for the company’s ambitious growth plans.
You should apply if
- You have professional experience developing Vue.js applications in a production environment;
- You have experience working with non-trivial single page applications having worked directly with core concepts like auth, state management and performance optimisation for data rich applications;
- You believe testing, code quality and user experience are important and prioritise improving non-functional requirements for yourself and the rest of your team;
- You’re comfortable with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and being responsible for the code you write in production;
- You’re familiar with developing single page applications (SPAs) using rest APIs and JSON;
- You’re interested in working with GIS / Geospatial data;
- You prefer to ship early and iterate based on feedback and data.
What’s on offer
- £60k – £70k starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional equipment budget and training opportunities;
- Cycle-to-work scheme;
- An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials.
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.