Website Orbital Witness
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence – an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
We are looking for a confident and forward-thinking Lead Data Scientist to join the Orbital Witness team in laying the foundations of our Data Science efforts.
You’ll be strategically focused, having oversight and key input into our Data Science roadmap. You’ll be joining a small, dynamic team with a focus on quality, usability, and impact. This isn’t going to be a hands-off role; you will definitely be a player/coach. We want you to address questions like “How do we de-risk our long-term goals?” You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering an impactful product to real users.
You will get the chance to
- Work closely with the CTO and co-founders to forward plan and develop our exciting product;
- Have autonomy over our Data Science function – build a team to deliver against challenging objectives;
- Spearhead our efforts towards executing the company mission and deliver meaningful value to new and existing users;
- Make a real impact on the property industry in the UK, creating a product which doesn’t exist anywhere else in the market right now.
You should apply if
- You have start-up experience and understand the environment and pace a business like ours operates within;
- You have experience in using NLP, machine learning and rules engines to inform business decisions;
- You are excited by current research in AI/NLP and want to deploy cutting edge technologies at scale;
- You have productionised several data models – including evolving underpinning build/release cycles and have maintained them operationally;
- You’re comfortable with road mapping ambitious Data Science projects with a large number of unknowns;
- You have experience working in Data Science teams, perhaps in a Team Lead capacity;
- You can think strategically and focus on the long-term goal of the product and the company.
What’s on offer
- £80k – £110k starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options in a fast growing start-up;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional equipment budget and training opportunities;
- Cycle-to-work scheme;
- An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials.
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.