Website Mishcon de Reya LLP
Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 70% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy is reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
The Real Estate Department
The Real Estate department’s core practice areas include construction, development and urban regeneration, fashion and retail, investment, planning and environment, residential, dispute resolution, finance and taxation. Our clients span both the world of corporate and private wealth giving us a unique perspective on the market. Our infrastructure of connections and investors coupled with our understanding of the complex policy landscape, are both highly valued by our clients. We find practical commercial solutions, underpinned by a tenacious determination to get the deal done. We offer a one stop shop for property services from acquisition and planning, through to construction, disposal and asset management, encompassing both commercial and residential property.
Our Real Estate department have won the Real Estate Digital Legal Advisor of the Year 2020 category at the EG Tech Awards for our collaboration with HM Land Registry on the UK’s first digitised end-to-end residential property transaction. Our team were also shortlisted for The EG Tech Awards 2018 in the Investment – Property category and for the FT Innovative Lawyers Report and Awards for Europe 2018 in the Real Collaboration category.
As the first PropTech Operations in our Real Estate department, you will help to promote existing tools, create new products for our clients and new ways of working for our lawyers, working alongside our strategy team and members of our Real Estate team.
This role will allow you to develop knowledge of different cutting edge legal technologies (such as document automation tools, web-based mapping products, AI/data extraction tools) and different processes (such as process mapping, data mapping).
The role may suit a recent Law or STEM graduate who is interested in the intersection of Legal and Technology or someone with Real Estate and / or legal or other PropTech experience.
- Championing and promoting existing tools.
- Driving the usage of existing tools and delivering training to lawyers.
- Mapping legal workflows and processes across the Real Estate department.
- Analysing how different tasks in various workflows can be automated, or otherwise made more efficient e.g. using document automation tools and AI/data extraction tools.
- Scouting market to find RE focused technologies, attending PropTech conferences.
- Mapping client database structures to internal database structures to enable automated transfer of information to clients.
- Developing artificial intelligence models in order to extract key information from a range of legal documents.
- Capturing product requirements from lawyers and external clients to assist the software development team.
- Attending client meetings, taking notes, organising follow ups.
- Liaising with and presenting to internal teams and to clients – particularly in relation to training lawyers on new technology tools.
- Ownership of various projects and initiatives assigned.
- Developing project plans and ensuring these are delivered on time.
- Keeping informed about the latest legal tech developments.
- Supporting the innovation team with our work on the Accord Project, HM Land Registry’s Digital Street, and mentoring start-ups in MDR LAB.
- Good knowledge of the current challenges facing the legal and real estate market.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use logic to solve complex problems will be important.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to lead and deliver presentations and training to groups of people, including senior members of the firm.
- Logical thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of establishing immediate rapport.
- Proven organisational skills – ability to work accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritise between conflicting demands.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible in both attitude and in daily hours of work.
- Highly motivated with a can-do approach towards all given tasks.
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality.
- A creative thinker with the ability to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Takes initiative.
No agencies – we are unable to accept applications from recruitment agencies
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.