Website SMS Assist, L.L.C.
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
- Deliver Revenue: Responsible for selling services and solutions into the C-Suite of target REITs, institutional investors and property managers across various real estate assets classes with a focus on residential
- Maintain Customer Relationships: Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s structure and leadership, with the ability to influence key decision makers. Identify and deliver on any opportunities to increase SMS Assist’s suite of offerings to existing customers.
- Keep Current on Industry/Customer Data: Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer knowledge and industry data. Read and research all relevant trade and industry materials, publications, news, etc. Serve as an active member of groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers. Must be a ‘student’ of the residential real estate sector, the “proptech” sector and other related sectors.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Expected Travel Time: 25-50% of the time typically on 1-3 day trips
Expert Level: Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Teamwork, Relationship Building, Negotiations, Organizational Awareness, Learning Agility, Analysis, Problem Solving, Process Orientation, Prioritization
Role Specific Skills
- Strong sales process and pipeline management skills
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- CRM System Experience: Salesforce preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and forecasting skills required
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to sales strategy while also being tactical and hands-on incorporating operational initiatives when needed
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of complex sales experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Technology services selling to institutional or enterprise accounts preferably in Prop-Tech, Real Estate or Financial Services (institutional investors)
- Experience selling a national outsourcing platform is a plus
- Value based technology solution selling is also a plus
- “Take charge and deliver” type of personality who can learn the business, institutionalize best practices and deliver results.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.