Website Digital Map Products
An ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned full stack engineer with an interest in GIS, machine learning, natural language processing and fault-tolerant design. Beyond technical proficiency, this position also requires strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills to work as part of an agile, cross-functional product development team.
This position will participate in all tasks related to the software development life-cycle from requirements gathering and architectural design through software development and maintenance. This position will interact with multiple teams throughout the organization, mentor less experienced team members, and contribute to the continuous improvement of technologies and processes across LightBox. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation of emerging technologies and the development of recommendations for product improvements.
What You Will Do And Achieve
- Work with an agile team to develop, test and maintain web APIs and applications
- Participate in team activities such as design sessions, code reviews and sprint ceremonies
- Adhere to high-quality development principles such as versioning and automated testing
- Analyze use cases and propose solutions to meet business objectives
- Deliver solutions on-time and on-budget
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues
- Contribute to our CI and release processes
Who you are:Education
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of experience developing software applications and APIs
- Ideally, past experience with GIS, machine learning and/or natural language processing
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of computer science and software engineering theories and practices
- Familiarity with SOA, REST, microservices, OO design, and other architectural concepts
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language, ideally with familiarity in Node.js
- Knowledge in RDBMS and NoSQL data systems, ideally with familiarity in Elasticsearch
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on all assigned projects and responsibilities
- Contribute as a full-stack engineer to meet product and engineering objectives
- Mentor other team members on technical and non-technical topics
- Collaborate with employees in other parts of the business
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.