Website Partners Group
Throughout the internship, Summer Associates will work with deal captains to independently develop investment theses and write investment recommendations for presentation to investment committee. Summer Associates are expected to take full responsibility over one or several work streams of deal diligence and underwriting and/or portfolio company value creation initiatives. In addition to day-to-day deal work or portfolio company work, Summer Associates are to submit a capstone deliverable consisting of a prospective investment memorandum in support of Partners Group’s thematic sourcing efforts.
Summer Associate Program Structure
- 10-week summer internship at PG’s regional HQ in Broomfield, CO (located midway between downtown Denver and Boulder)
- Dedicated onboarding and training comprised of both internal best practices and external financial modeling training
- Mentoring from an experienced manager and exposure to senior management
- Following a successful internship, candidates may be invited to join their team the following graduation in 2022
What We Expect
Candidate Background / Qualifications
- Top academic credentials from a leading university and currently enrolled in a full-time, two-year MBA program (or equivalent Master’s degree program), graduating in 2022.
- 2-5 years relevant full-time work experience, taking into account the below team descriptions:
- Private Equity: The team focuses on control equity investments. The team targets investments in sub-sectors that exhibit transformative growth themes including Healthcare, Consumer, Industrials, TMT, and Financial/Business Services. Team members typically have experience working either in investment banking or in other principal investing roles.
- Private Infrastructure: The team focuses on control and control-oriented Infrastructure investments. The team targets investments across Infrastructure sub-sectors including Energy, Communications, Transportation, Utilities, and Infrastructure Services. Team members typically have experience working either in corporate finance roles in relevant industries, investment banking, or in other principal investing roles.
- Private Real Estate: The team focuses on value-add and opportunistic control equity investments. The team targets investments across various sectors including office, logistics/industrial, residential, and retail. Team members typically have experience working in real estate finance, asset management, or brokerage.
- Industry Value Creation (“IVC”): This is PG’s operating team that provides industry insights on investment sourcing/due diligence efforts and works with portfolio companies to identify and drive projects to promote profitable growth. Team members typically have experience working either in a consulting firm or in an operating company.
- Growth Equity: The team focuses on direct investments in mid/late-stage Venture Capital. The team has a broad mandate to invest across tech-enabled subsectors, including FinTech, e-commerce enablement, HealthTech, PropTech, Data & Analytics, AI/ML, and more. The team also supports technical due diligence and digital value creation initiatives alongside the Private Equity & IVC teams. Team members typically have PE/VC, entrepreneurship, or engineering/tech backgrounds.
- Must have the right to work in the United States
- Partners Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing talented individuals from diverse backgrounds with varied perspectives.
What We Offer
Partners Group is a global financial institution that retains the culture, pace and agility of a start-up. As a growing firm, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent, by offering a workplace where results are truly recognized and rewarded. We offer a fantastic opportunity for you to grow:
- Professional, international working environment
- Challenging, rewarding internship within a growing company
- Collaborative environment, with on-the-job training and mentorship opportunities
- Competitive benefits and wellness package
- Competitive compensation package, including performance based annual incentive
- Fun office and team events, including volunteer opportunities to connect with and help our local communities
Make an impact on the organization by taking a lead role in the growth of our US business. Our working environment is humble, inclusive and transparent, and the structure of the firm is flat.
At Partners Group, we thrive on new ideas for the benefit of our clients, our employees and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and support diversity of perspectives.
Application / Interview Process
- Submit CV and 1-page cover letter to PG’s jobs portal ( https://jobs.partnersgroup.com/ ) by the application deadline: December 4
- You may also apply through your MBA program’s career center portal, if applicable.
- Cover letter to include how you bring value to Partners Group through this program and an indication of your team preference.
- 3-round, virtual interview process to take place in December and January
- Please direct all questions to [email protected]
- Investment Management
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.